- Take overall responsibility of project financial and grant management working closely with the project manager, the donor and WorldFish/HQ.
- Responsible for the financial, grants management and administrative matters of the project. He/she will provide strategic direction regarding the annual work plan and budget ensuring the cost efficiency and value-for-money in every step.
- Ensure compliance with donor, Bangladesh country law and WorldFish/HQ policy and procedures.
- Prepare and submit quarterly financial reports and ensure smooth cash management.
- Draft and develop the activity Grants Manual and SOPs, and ensure donor approval.
- Provide policy guidance and interpretation for staff as well as grantees with respect to grant applications, proposals, and awards to ensure adherence to grants management policies.
- Prepare documentation for grant evaluation and approvals.
- Prepare grant agreements, and ensure required documentation completion as per the agreement and ensure diligent follow-up on grant reports.
- Conduct training as needed, for potential grantees and project staff.
- Review grants applications to ensure they match the Grants Manual and the Project’s objectives.
- Conduct pre-award audits of possible grantees in addition to audits during implementation and at close-out in coordination with the Finance Manager.
- Monitor financial management of grant funds to ensure consistency with agreed technical plans and actual implementation.
- Provide monthly reports on grant disbursement to the project manager and donor.
- Perform all other relevant duties that may be needed to ensure the overall efficient implementation of the project.
- Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in Accounting with a membership in an internationally recognized accounting institute (CIMA, CA / ACCA, FCA or equivalent).
- Strong technical financial accounting and reporting experience, with at least 2 years working for accounting / auditing firm, and at least 5 years in supervisory role managing 3 finance staff or more.
- Recent experience of USAID financial management systems
- Experience in projects based on market systems approaches
- Knowledge and experience in managing multi-year and multi-country projects and contracts involving local and international partners/donors
- Strong project management and organization skills.
- Proficiency in complex accounting systems and intermediate to advanced level MS Excel skills.
- Proficient in English language both in writing and oral.
- Experience in preparing donor reports in not-for-profit setting.
- Experience with Agresso or other ERP system is desirable.
This is an International Recruited Staff (IRS) position and salary will be negotiable.
WorldFish's IRS receive comprehensive benefits including (but not limited to) housing allowance, relocation and repatriation assistance, dependent education allowance, home leave entitlement, comprehensive insurance coverage for staff and eligible dependents, and pension/provident fund contribution.
This position will be based at WorldFish’s country office in Dhaka, Bangladesh with extensive field visits. This is a pre-award process so a contract offer post recruitment is conditional on acceptance of the proposal by the donor. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and expected to attend the interview.
WorldFish is an international, nonprofit research organization that harnesses the potential of fisheries and aquaculture to strengthen livelihoods and improve food and nutrition security. Globally, more than 1 billion people obtain most of their animal protein from fish and 800 million depend on fisheries and aquaculture for their livelihoods. WorldFish is a member of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food-secure future.
Interested applicants are invited to submit the following information through www.workable.com latest by 24 November 2017
Category: Accounting/Finance Category
Position Level: Mid
Employment Type:Full Time Job
Country : Bangladesh
District : Dhaka
5 Days, 0 Hours, 54 Mins, 42 Seconds Left
Published: 09 Nov 2017 | Deadline: 24 Nov 2017
Age: Not Mentioned
Experience Required: 5 - 0 Years