Ulashi Sreejony Sangha.
- As a team leader the PC will be responsible for planning, designing, implementing and monitoring of Agriculture Resilience project.
- S/he will responsible for maintaining close networking, linkage, collaboration and communication with community, local government, local administration and other stakeholder of the project.
- To prepare staff wise monthly work plan, monthly, quarterly, half yearly, yearly and annual report and send to CAFOD Consortium Coordinator, Bangladesh, Executive Director of Ulashi Sreejony Sangha (USS) for achieving the project goal and mission as well as sound implementation of the project.
- To carry out the project activities, caretaking all level of project staffs and their activities, follow up, enhancing direct support to them through monitoring to reach the ultimate objective of the project which will ensure the smooth acceleration of the project movements.
- Trying utmost to meet project target by keeping good relation with local development and civil society organizations.
- Direct support to Livelihood Improvement Officer to implement training/support for influencing UDMC for implementation of Standing Orders on Disaster (SOD).
- Monitoring Linkage workshop/meeting with UDMC & community.
- Carry out project phase off workshop with external stakeholder’s e.g govt. officials, local elected bodies, civil society organization, and community elites at District & sub-district level.
- Direct support to Livelihood Improvement Officer to conduct capacity building training to businessman, value chain actors, multi crop farmer and vermi compost farmer.
- Instruct to input and equipment support (bed planter) for climate resilient agriculture.
- Instruct to input support (construction/re-excavation of pond/water reservoir) for rain water harvesting to irrigation, (salt tolerant seed, seedling) to salt tolerant crop cultivator, rain water harvesting/water tank for drinking water, (seed, seedling & vermi compost) to multi crop farmer.
- Broad based awareness raising on DRR for resilient livelihoods and promotion of green energy
- Facilitation of local economic development forum (Market Promotion Alliance) in order to create a business enabling environment
- Linking farmers and service providers with Rural Sales and Service Center through Market linkage dialogue.
- Project Coordinator will play key role in market linkage and value chain related work of Practical Action Bangladesh.
- To Prepare quality case studies and a comprehensive narrative project closure report in English, demonstrating the impact of the project over 3 years for submission to the donor
- To demonstrate excellent budget management skills, providing accurate budget forecasts and preparing quarterly financial reports and transaction listings for submission to donor.
- For the sustainability of the project, he/she will take over some creative strategic plan
- To maintain communication with head office, donor organization and government authorities as and where required.
- Reportable to Executive Director and responsible to follow the guidance and suggestion through regular communication.
- To share the project progress, challenges and other budget related issues with CAFOD London office.
- For better implementation of the project, respond to queries from and maintain regular communication with the donor agency CAFOD, particularly with Bangladesh’s Consortium Coordinator and Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
- To undertake field visit in remote areas driving motor cycle and have valid motor cycle driving license.
- A good level of spoken and written English is required for this role.
- MSc in Agriculture/Social science
- Minimum 05 years working experience in agriculture, climate change, DRR project with NGOs as project coordinator/manager/program officer.
Project period: From 1st December,2017 to 30 June 2018
As per USS policy. Travel actual basis. No separate festival bonus. Festival bonus included in monthly salary.
Ulashi Sreejony Sangha (USS), Jessore is inviting applications from qualified candidates to the following vacant position under Climate Resilience Agriculture project at Jessore Sadar, Jhikorgacha and Monirampur in Jessore distrtict and Dacope upazila in Khulna district funded by UKAID and CAFOD, UK. Mentioned position will be recruited under the project. The project period is up to June 2018.
Interested candidates are requested to send their detail resume with a color photograph, name and address of two referees and cover letter addressed to Executive Director, Ulashi Sreejony Sangha, Dr. S.K Saha Smriti Bhaban (In front of Jessore Food Godown), 39, Deshbandhu Chitto Ranjon Road (Rail Road), Jessore on or before 18 November, 2017. Application can be sent by mail, courier or e-mail at and email@example.com Only short-listed candidates will be called for written and interviews. Please put the position’s name on the subject. Any personal persuasion will result in disqualification of candidature
Category: HR/Org. Development Category
Position Level: Mid
Employment Type:Full Time Job
Country : Bangladesh
District : Dhaka
Dr. S.K Saha Smriti Bhaban (In front of Jessore Food Godown), 39, Deshbandhu Chitto Ranjon Road (Rail Road), Jessore.
Published: 12 Nov 2017 | Deadline: 18 Nov 2017
Age: Not Mentioned
Experience Required: 5 - 0 Years