Plan International Bangladesh
- Ensuring that the response has effective, efficient and compliant resourcing strategies in place to ensure that the right numbers of staff with the right skills are recruited in a timely and safe way. These resourcing strategies cover local and international recruitments, international deployment and as well as other resourcing options such as volunteers or external agencies; monitoring staff welfare and ensuring that staff welfare needs at every stage of the response are met;
- Have overall responsibility for the design/review and implementation of relevant HR policies and systems for the disaster response, including but not limited to local and internationally deployed benefits, recruitment and selection policy and procedures;
- Liaising closely with the HROD Director to ensure alignment between HR practices for the response and existing HR policies and practices;
- Responsible for monitoring staff welfare and ensuring that staff welfare needs at every stage of the response are met;
- Ensuring that all new staff who are recruited for the response receive a clear induction which provides a thorough understanding of both their own role and responsibilities as well as key organisational priorities and information, including but not limited to the CPP and Whistleblowing Policy;
- Providing line managers and staff at every level with HR advice and support as required to deal with HR issues and questions that arise related to the response;
- Responding to requests for information or HR reports from IH, RO or managers as required;
- Provide effective HR business partnering support to the ER Management Team and Grants and Program Departments so HR issues and needs are understood and captured in strategies, proposals and programs;
- Liaising with Finance to ensure all staff costs for the response are captured accurately;
- Ensuring HR records, including personnel files, for the response are set up, accurate and well-maintained in compliance with Plan standards.
- University degree preferably in HRM&D or related field
- 4 - 5 years' experience in senior HR roles with INGOs, NGOs or Corporate.
- Experience of working in emergency response on human resources is a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of local labour law and its practical application in the workplace.
- Knowledge and understanding of the grants acquisition and management process and HR's role in this, including cost recovery processes.
- Knowledge and understanding of how to provide effective HR support in the event of disaster and how to prepare to do this.
- Proven skills in leading and managing a HR function at a senior level, including the full range of human resource management activities (recruitment and selection, performance management, development, talent management, reward, employee relations etc).
- Ability to negotiate, advocate and influence effectively at all levels of the Response Team and outside of line management relationships.
- Ability to remain objective and make tough decisions.
- Prior experience of working in greater Chittagong Division and knowing the local language is an advantage.
As per company policy.
Business : Founded 78 years ago, Plan International is one of the oldest and largest children`s development organizations in the world. We work in 52 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty. Plan International worked with 100 million children in 85,282 communities. Plan International is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations but having a vision of a world in which all children realize their full potential in societies that respect people`s rights and dignity.
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should apply online at: Plan International Bangladesh: Career. Early submission is strongly encouraged as application collection and selection process will go simultaneously. Only short listed candidates will be communicated for interview. Any form of persuasion in the selection process will automatically disqualify the candidacy.
As a child-centred development organisation, committed to the wellbeing of children and to supporting the Convention on the Rights of the Child, we do not tolerate child abuse.
We are an equal opportunities employee
Application Deadline : Nov 16, 2017
Category: HR/Org. Development Category
Position Level: Mid
Employment Type:Full Time Job
Country : Bangladesh
District : Cox's Bazar
Published: 13 Nov 2017 | Deadline: 16 Nov 2017
Age: Not Mentioned
Experience Required: 4 - 5 Years